
What in the world did we do prior to tech clothes? I can only cringe when I think about what I was wearing 10 years ago when running in this cold weather. An over sized windbreaker, a hooded sweatshirt, a long sleeved cotton shirt and a short sleeved cotton shirt. Inevitably, the bottom three layers would be, at a minimum, damp, by the time we finished our workout and that was always a comfortable feeling...um, not really. Not to mention, all the clothes made running feel bulky, so either one lived with the bulk or froze in order to have good form. Last night when I finished my run it was about 20 degrees with the northerly breeze making it feel closer to 5 above. I wore a long sleeved tech shirt, a fleece and my yellow windbreaker. I stayed warm and dry the entire run, I loved it!
I don't know about other runners, but my bum gets cold in this weather! I have finally discovered something that works. Before, I used to just wear an over sized windbreaker and would pull it down to cover my bum, but it would make it hard to move my legs. This last fall, I was searching for a new wind breaker and found a hot deal on http://www.campmor.com/. It's a Canari brand windbreaker, found under the cycling section. Because it's a cycling jacket, it covers my bum with a dropped backside, but the front is still cut high enough for my legs to move comfortably. Not to mention it has a huge pocket in the back for either the jacket itself, or for Gu, gloves, a hat, etc. How cool is that?!? Cold bum problem solved...
Run from Friday night is mapped out below...
No comments:
Post a Comment