Tonight after I got home, I was fixing myself some reheated fried chicken (yes, made all by myself, but please don't ask about the gravy disaster!) and I realized, 'Oh wow, I just ran.' I checked my GPS and sure enough, there were miles logged for today's date, just a few minutes prior. What happened? I tried to think and remember where I ran. I remember the German shephard that was barking, simply because she was so loud and if she had wanted to, she could have jumped the fence. I remember asking myself if I should cut through the ditch, or run along the road. That's it, that's all I remember about my run tonight. I was so absorbed in my thoughts about the day that I completely lost track of what I was doing. Does that mean I had bad workout? Does that mean my workout was a worthless effort? I don't know, at least I got some of the cobwebs cleared that seem to clutter my brain on a daily basis right now. For that reason alone the run was worth it even if I didn't push my muscles to new limits, my brain is refreshed and ready for another day tomorrow.
Good news! I have found a training schedule. I've been trying to put it in a table that I can post on here, but it's taking some fanageling and I haven't gotten it all worked out yet, but I'll get it posted as soon as I can. 17 weeks and counting...
And for my shameless plug...I am bowling for Big Brothers Big Sisters and I need pledges!! You can donate online at the below link to help match a 'little' with a 'big'!
http://www.kansasbigs.org/bfks/bowlerview.aspx?id=Cat_Wenzlick
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment