I went for a run this evening, it was about 25 degrees when I finished, but what a beautiful evening! I was able to watch the sunset in the west and the full moon rise in the east, all in about 50 minutes. There was no wind and the funny thing was, I was taking off my gloves after the first mile! One thing that always gets me though, I was contemplating as I was leaving the housee how far I was going to run this evening. I couldn't make up my mind, 4, 5 or 6 miles. I thought I'd try for 5 or 5.5 and see how it went. I got to the 2.5 mile mark and I was thinking, "Oh yeah, I feel good, I can do 6." Inevitably, I turned around and got to the 5 mile mark and was wishing I had turned around at 2.5. I always do that at some point. But then the question is, should I have turned around so I wouldn't be tired or should I have kept going to stretch myself. I stretched myself a little tonight, but it was good and the run was great.
Ok, race schedule screw up...I'm bailing out on the Groundhog Run. The Groundhog Run is a 10K or 5K in Kansas City and is all underground. How cool is that?!? Anyway, I was thinking it was in February, but, it's on Sunday. So, I am foregoing the first race, but, it will all be fine and I'll work to get that race on my schedule for next year. All that being said, I think I am going to replace the Groundhog Run with the Not for Wimps run which is on Feb 17. The Not for Wimps run is a 10 miler down in Derby which is south of Wichita for you non-Wichitans.
On the agenda for this week: Still need to get registered for San Diego, I need to find an 18 week training schedule I'm going to like and start concentrating on my 180 steps...more to come on that in future blogs I'm sure.
Map for tonight's 6 miler is below.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lookin' good, keep it up....Wes
Post a Comment