Monday, February 11, 2008

"Suck it up, Jack!"

Ok, the week has begun, it is a new week, I shall not lose focus. :) Forewarning on this week's workouts, they will not match the 'scheduled' workouts. As you can see, today is already off, because I was a slacker last week, I did a bit of rearranging and ran 8 miles this evening. It was lovely and I even saw my co-worker and fellow runner, Gwen, out pounding the pavement tonight.

What is going to be different: Well, not a ton, except for today's run and Sunday's run. Sunday is the Not For Wimps run in Derby which is south of Wichita for you non-Wichitans. (Where did they come up with Wichitan? Personally, I'd still rather been an Islander, but then again, I didn't go there for high school, I went to Cow Pie High and was a proud Viking, thank you very much! Note, no disrespect intended to any past, present or future GINW Vikings.) Sunday's run should be very entertaining, I hear it's more like a cross country/steeple chase event, so, should be a grand time spent with some of my dear running friends. I'll be sure to post pictures of the event next week.

Health Status Update: Both rolled ankles seem to be healing nicely. I did notice a new knee pain today, though not associated with my IT band, which may warrent watching. However, knowing me, it may be just mental.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it just be easier not to run? I've not been running for years (ever actually) and found it quite easy. You should try it.

Anonymous said...

get your rear-end off the couch and just "do-it"!

just a little tough love. :-)

thanks for being my greatest cheerleader!!

hugs!!