Saturday, February 9, 2008

Butt Kicking Time

Hello. Cat. Go on a stinking run already! Yes, I said those words to myself Thursday evening and again on Friday evening when I managed to think of 1,000,000+1 reasons not to go for a run. Ok, that's a bit of an exageration. I thought of one reason on Thursday (I was too cold) and one reason on Friday (I was hungry). But still, those are not ligitimate reasons for sitting on the couch when I should be out running. I was completely lazy and had a lapse in my focus. Why could I not come up with the 1,000,000+1 reasons to run on Thursday and Friday? The weather was beautiful, the sun was out when I got home from work, it would have been a great way to relieve stress, I would have burned off the three peanut butter chocolate chip cookies I was feeling guilty about on Thursday and I could have 'rationalized' the dessert and two beers I had on Friday when I went to Carlos O'Kelly's with Michelle. What is my deal? This is where all of you come in and kick my butt, please! I need to stay focused and on task for San Diego if I want to have any chance of running at 3:20. Yes, that may still be a bit fast, but if I train like I should then I will know when I finish that I did what I could and not have the fact that I was a slacker nagging me in the back of my brain. My mantra for this next week, "Suck it up, Jack!" Thanks Coach E...

No comments: