Sunday, January 25, 2009

Finally

Yes, I have finally decided to blog again. I was filling out a '25 Random Things' list earlier this evening for some friends and realized I did miss writing. I may not be too great at it, but I do enjoy it and right now, it may be good therapy!

When I was revamping my blog this evening, since I hadn't updated it in eleven months and the previous format wasn't really applicable any more, I came across this picture to the right that I took over the summer. Somehow this picture seemed appropriate.

As I contemplate what it is that I want to do with my life at this pivotal point, it makes me realize that everything really is just details. I must say though, that my phone going on the fritz this last week was more traumatic than being 'downsized', and I hardly viewed being cut off in the middle of an interview as being 'just details'. Seriously!

It is actually a breath of fresh air to know that the sky is the limit at this point. Yes, at some point, money does become a bit of an issue, but really, I'm contemplating all sorts of posibilities. Returning to school, moving to a new city where I don't know a soul, teaching overseas or joining the Peace Corps have all crossed my mind. I really have to ask myself if I want to stay with corporate America, after all, so often it seems so much like a 'good ol' boy's club', and we all know, I'm a girl. I think though, that knowing that there are possibilities out there and chances to do other things has really been helpful in keeping everything in perspective.

Even as I consider all these opportunities, I know, I will return to corporate America. As I prepare for interviews though, I keep in the forefront of my brain the other experiences that await me, like going back to school and traveling abroad to make sure I don't take this all too seriously. Seriously! Life is too short. Caio.

No comments: